Health and Safety
Eyeshields, Gloves, type N95 (US), type P1 (EN143) respirator filter
9717HK Silicon Nanoparticles/ Nanopowder MSDS for Download
Silicon(Si) Nanopowder General Descriptions
A fine yellow-brown powder composed of spherical particles of silicon, the optic and electric properties of silicon nanoparticles have made them a favorite among nanoparticle researchers in recent years, revealing a multitude of new applications and improvements on existing ones. Silicon nanoparticles come in a variety of sizes, mostly falling into smaller 5-25nm configurations or larger 80-100 nm configurations. You can find out more about options for silicon nanopowder, including safe handling, dispersion, and storage, by contacting SSNano directly.
Silicon(Si) Nanopowder Applications
- Optical properties. As with many nanoparticles, silicon produces unexpected optical properties as a nanostructure, due to the confinement of electrons and quantum effects. This makes them of particular interest in fields ranging from simple aesthetic design work to solar energy research. As with many other nanopowders, silicon nanopowders have also been thoroughly researched for applications in biomedicine and biosensing.
- Semiconductors. Due to additional quantum effects such as quantum confinement seen at the nanostructure size, silicon nanoparticles have seen intense research as a semiconductive material. Precision electronics manufacturing and production of unique alloys and slurries have made thorough use of silicon nanopowders already.
- Solar Energy Cell. Due to its unique optical and conductive properties, silicon nanopowder serves as a key material in the production of various solar energy cells, including thin film solar cells and amorphous silicon solar cells. Continued research shows multiple avenues to improve the efficiency, efficacy, and cost of producing solar cells with these materials and other nanomaterials exhibiting similar optical properties.
- Lithium-ion Battery. One of the most exciting applications of silicon nanoparticles, revealed by research a few years ago. Scientists utilizing silicon nanoparticles have produced lithium-ion batteries with extreme performance, as high as triple the energy storage potential of regular lithium-ion batteries. Research continues to seek ways to make the most of silicon nanostructures in energy storage.
- Drug delivery. As drug delivery technology grows increasingly important to medicine, silver nanoparticles have seen heavy research as a potential tool for controlled drug delivery. The biocompatibility, biogradability, high surface area, controllable pore sizes, and optical properties of silicon nanoparticles combine to make them an excellent candidate for research.
9712HK Si nanopowder/ nanoparticles, 99%, 100nm
9713HK Si, Monocrystalline, 99%, 200~300nm
9714HK Si, Monocrystalline, 99%, ~1um
9715DX Si nanopowder/ nanoparticles, 99.9%, 500nm
9717HK Si nanopowder/ nanoparticles, 99%, 30nm
9717DX Si nanopowder/nanoparticles, 99%, 50nm
9718DX Si powder, 99.999%, -325mesh
9719DX Si powder, 99.9+%, -200/+325 mesh
9720DG Si powder, Polycrystalline, 99.99995%, lumps